This module is used to control the current and voltage of the LED spots (COB LED Spot 6000-6500K 260mA 10V)
The DC/DC LM2596S 60V 3A Stepdown Module is designed to step down from input voltages from 5 to 57V to output voltages from 1.25 to 30V. Constant current (CC) and constant voltage (CV) can be regulated quickly and easily. By means of the 2 potentiometers constant current range and output voltage can be adjusted.
Thanks to integrated reverse polarity protection and short-circuit protection, it is a particularly reliable and durable module that can be used safely up to 2.2 A output current without external cooling. Applications for recharging rechargeable batteries, as a voltage source in laboratory quality or dimmers are now a thing of the past. The built-in LED indicator indicates a load (red) or whether it is free (green).
- Output short circuit protection at constant current
Input reverse polarity protection
Input voltage: 5 - 57 V (should be 2 V above output voltage)
Output voltage: 1.25 - 30 V
Output current: 2.5 A nominal current / max. 3 A; external cooling required
Output power: max. 15 W
Dimensions: LBH approx. 4.8 x 2.4 x 1.4 cm
Potentiometer for setting constant current (next to OUT)
Potentiometer for setting constant voltage (next to IN)
Integrated LED with status:
- green illuminated = constant voltage
- red light = constant current
To use the LM2596 CC/CV regulator module as an LED constant current driver
- Make sure of the operating current and maximum operating voltage of the LED you will drive.
- With no load connected to the output of the module (open circuit), adjust the Constant Voltage potentiometer CV to set the output voltage to the LED maximum operating voltage.
- Short-circuit the module output, and use a multimeter in 10A current scale to measure output short-circuit current, and adjust the Current Potentiometer CC to set the output current to the required LED operating current.
- Connect the LED to the module and test.
- The module can drive multiple LEDs in series, parallel or in series/parallel strings, as long as the maximum voltage and current of the string does not exceed the 30V maximum output voltage and 3A maximum output current of the driver module.